Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer's Flowers


What I enjoy most about summer is the flowers! There is a vibrancy in the colours and variety of wild-flowers, as well as domestic flowers that can be found during the summertime! They really inspire me!

I created this fun card from a new Stampin' Up! set called 'Animal Stories.' It uses the colors Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango, as well as Old Olive and Always Artichoke for the leaves and stem. The ribbon is the new dotted Dusty Durango grosgrain. If you look closely, you can see the beak of the owl - doesn't he make a great flower petal!

This card uses another new set called 'Autumn Days', and the colors Dusty Durango and Soft Suede with Chocolate Chip. I also used the new Modern Label punch and the Soft Suede dotted grosgrain ribbon.

We went for a walk to the Waterfall Valley, in Beaumont Park, in Calgary's Northwest. Here were some of the lovely flowers I saw while I was there.

Have a great day, and enjoy the flowers!

Susan Bruyn

Posted by Picasa

No comments: