Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Family Reunion and Horseback Riding


We went to a family reunion in Ponoka this past weekend. It was so good to see cousins, aunts & uncles, who I haven't seen for quite some time. I had a good time visiting with each one of them.
I spent some of my growing-up years in Ponoka, both in town and on an acreage 7 miles out of town. My mother and I took a moment to drive near our old home in town. It has been painted, but hasn't changed much. There is still the same fence in the back yard that I remember!

One evening, we took Juliana for a walk in the neighborhood. My aunt lives near the edge of town, with farms just across the road behind her place. Well, we saw a deer in a green space between two houses. She wasn't concerned about us at all. We moved closer, and all of a sudden, this little one popped out of the bushes close to its mama! What a pretty sight to see this little fawn bounding around, copying the movements of it's mama!

On the same walk, we saw some very pretty wildflowers. I don't remember the name of these ones, but they grow everywhere. You can see them in varying shades of pink and purple. I have not seen many with this deep purple before.

On Sunday morning, my cousin's daughter brought her horse over for the kids to ride. Apparently, Molly is an older horse who used to do barrel-racing competitions with Tamara. It was fun to watch the kids ride. I even got a turn! What fun! This is JJ on his very first horse ride. Tamara couldn't believe he hadn't ridden before!

Timmy has ridden before, and was very confident on Molly! He even got her to canter and trot a bit.

We had a good time at the family reunion. My cousins and I mentioned that we'd like to see one another again, before another 15 years has gone by! It is a good reminder to keep in touch with those we love!!

Have a great day!

Susan Bruyn

Posted by Picasa

No comments: