Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Scrapbook Challenges

Now that school is finished, I am taking some time to do some scrapbooking. My friend Christy Riopel ( http://christyriopel.blogspot.com/) has a weekly scrapbooking challenge on her blog. I have had fun trying some new techniques with my scrapbooking.

On this page, I needed to sand or scratch a photo - notice how the main photo of JJ really stands out! When I sanded the background, it faded, and he 'popped'! Quite striking, I thought. I am enjoying the new "Tall Tales" designer series paper from Stampin' Up!, and the new Crushed Curry polka-dot ribbon that I used on this page.

I love the bright colors on this page. To me, they reflect the colourful diversity and variety of animals! We went to the Calgary Zoo with friends. This page needed to have 'fussy cutting' on it. I made a fun collage of some of the animals. Some of the animals are popped with dimensionals, as you can see in this next photo. I love how it turned out !

What makes it more fun, is that these are the actual animals as we saw them on July 3!

I am having fun with my new supplies from Stampin' Up! also. Their new "In Colors" are a lot of fun! I colored this stamp with the new "In Color" markers. Combined with the Bermuda Bay paper and Melon Mambo dotted ribbon, it makes for a cheery card!

Take care, everyone, and may your day be filled with sunshine, even in the midst of rain!

Susan Bruyn
Posted by Picasa

No comments: