Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fantastic Fall!


I have been really enjoying the fall foliage this autumn! We didn't have a huge frost or heavy wind for quite some time, so the fall leaf display has been spectacular!
I regularly have a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators over, for "Care & Share" night (the first Thursday of each month). I gave a challenge this month. We used a die cut leaf from the Sizzix Big Shot machine, and made a tag. My sample had a tag where I masked the leaf, and sponged around it.


Most of the ladies copied my idea, and masked the leaf. Jenn did something totally different! She wanted to use the new "Season of Friendship" stamp set from Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Mini catalogue! I just love what Jenn came up with!!



Here are some of the other samples of what people created. I love it when we use the same basic supplies and come up with different end results. Inks used were Old Olive, Really Rust, and More Mustard. We used the new Belle Toile background stamp. The letters were the Sizzix "Naturally Serif" decorative strip die. Papers were very vanilla and chocolate chip, and we added hemp, large eyelets, and brown ribbon if desired.



Here is a great fall photo that I took along a cemetery walkway near Confederation Park, here in Calgary. Enjoy those fall colors - they won't last long!! Take care, and have a great day!
Susan Bruyn
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

TINTIN said...

I love your scrapbooking work. You are very talented !