Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Inspired Cards



I am inspired when a card turns out well. I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like framing a card when I feel it has turned out well. This card is one such card. I've used the set "Christ is Born," as well as Baroque Motifs, and the Sizzix Top Notz die. The ribbon is the Riding Hood Red Taffeta, and there is a bit of glitter. Cardstock is Mellow Moss, Brushed Gold, and Whisper white, with mellow moss, gold, and riding hood red ink.

I had some fun with the poinsettia. I inked it in Riding Hood Red, and then wiped off the centre area and added More Mustard with the marker. I then took Bravo Burgundy and inked one edge of each petal. I took my finger and gently swiped along the bravo burgundy, which blended the colors somewhat. I really like the smudged effect - it looks quite blended.

Here's another fun card. I originally made this as a small booklet. I am going to use this card in a swap at Stampin' Up!'s Edmonton Regionals this weekend. I enjoy the whimsey of the falling leaves! The kiwi kiss ink mixed with the tangerine and chocolate really blend together well.

I was in Camrose this weekend, visiting my mother for Thanksgiving. We took her dog for a walk around the little 'lake', and found these ducks swimming among the reeds. What a peaceful, colorful scene. Take care, and have a great day!

Susan Bruyn

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer Reynard said...

Stunning cards! Love the photo you took! Jennifer

Renée said...

Wow, Susan, I really love the "Christ is Born" card. Beautiful!!